Gastro Florida offers nutrition and weight loss services through a multi-disciplinary and step-wise approach. This entails nutrition consults, Gastro+ Connected Care motivational strategies (including digital scales uploading your daily weight measurements into a lifestyle app), nutraceuticals/probiotics/fiber and other supplements recommended by our providers, weight loss medications ordered by our physicians with on-staff pharmacist consultations, bariatric endoscopy procedures (minimally invasive intragastric balloon, endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty), or coordination of care with bariatric surgeon. Gastro Florida providers will take a progressive approach for these interventions or recommend a combination of these therapies to limit more invasive interventions if possible.
Our experienced, on-staff registered dietitian, Gina Gomez-Pratt, LDN, RDN, utilizing functional medicine principles provides in-person and telemedicine services that help with the following conditions:
- Decreasing Bloat & Gas Symptoms
- Colitis & Crohn’s Disease
- Celiac & Gluten Allergies
- Gastroparesis & Dumping Syndrome
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Barrett’s Esophagus
- Gall Bladder Disease & Diverticular Disease
- Fatty Liver Disease & Cirrhosis
- Diabetes Management
- Psychosocial Assessments
- Body Composition (BIA)
- Weight Loss Management
- Nutritional Counseling & Meal Planning
Most commercial insurances and Medicare cover these services. However, some insurances do not and some only cover certain diagnoses. Therefore, we offer self-pay options:
- First Visit: Typically, $90 for at least an hour consultation
- Follow-up Visits: Typically, $45 for at least a half hour consultation
- Group Classes, offered periodically: Starting at $30
Contact Gina Gomez-Pratt, LDN, RDN at firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 336-7683.
Advanced Diagnostic Tools
Gone are the days where an invasive liver biopsy is the only way to measure fibrosis. Qualifying patients can now use this office device, which is a noninvasive ultrasound-based device used to measure liver stiffness, scarring, and fatty change caused by different liver diseases. This scan is quick, painless, and a great alternative for NASH, diabetic, hepatitis, and other patients. The results are coordinated with a GI specialist.
Body Composition (BIA)
Understanding your hydration level and excess fat in relation to lean body mass can decrease your risk for cardiovascular disease and diabetes. This scan uses advanced Bioelectric Impedance Analysis (BIA) technology to deliver accurate body composition measurements and assessments of health and well-being. In just minutes, we will have detailed results to help create a personalized, effective program for you.
Some commercial insurance cover these services and some do not. Therefore, we have self-pay options:
- FibroScan – $130 per scan
- Body Composition – $72 per test or $125 for initial visit and test
During the first visit, you will guide the goals of your personalized treatment plan. A body composition analysis, labs, medications, and supplements will be reviewed along with your lifestyle and personal food preferences to create a plan that will enhance your overall nutritional health and well-being.
These visits provide an opportunity for you to ask questions, review your progress towards your goals, and most importantly help you feel supported.
- Lunch n’ Learn Workshops – If you are looking to create a work environment where employees are motivated to stay in good health, our interactive Lunch n’ Learn Workshop is perfect for you. Our tailored nutrition sessions will help employees perform at their full potential, avoid afternoon energy crashes, and reduce illness and absences.
- Shop with Gina – Go on a field trip to the supermarket with our registered dietician to learn how to navigate the aisles and buy healthy foods.
Registered Dietitian, Gina Gomez-Pratt, RDN, LDN
Gina Gomez-Pratt, RDN, LDN has over two decades of experience working in healthcare. She obtained her B.A. in Psychology with a minor in Sociology from the University of South Florida and later went on to receive her B.S. in Dietetics and Nutrition from Keiser University in 2014.
As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist for the last three years, Gina specializes in using the functional medicine approach – a patient-centered method that addresses underlying causes of diseases which empowers patients and providers to create a treatment plan that improves the patient’s overall health and well-being. Her focuses include: IBS, gastroparesis, lactose/gluten intolerances, Celiac disease, liver disorders, autoimmune disorders, Crohn’s and Colitis, GERD, Barrett’s esophagus, Fatty Liver disease and Cirrhosis FODMAP and elimination diets, Diabetes management, weight loss, disordered eating, body composition, nutritional counseling, and meal planning.
Gina has been a member of the Institute of Functional Medicine since 2014 and has sat on numerous advisory boards. Gina enjoys spending time with family and friends, paddle boarding, gardening, and traveling.